Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Happy Hump Day: Back to School

Happy Hump Day and happy back to school week for many people!


That's right, summer has flown by and there are many in some form of back to school mode this week...parents of school age kiddos, teachers, other school administration etc. Where did our summer go???


As I mulled over the blog post topic for today, I was reminded of a conversation that took place between my husband and I just this past Sunday.


We had run a quick errand and passed a group of young boys playing basketball in our neighborhood...various bikes and scooters lay in a haphazard pile where their owners eagerly let them drop as they hopped off in anticipation of shooting some hoops. On our way back home a short time later, there were no boys or a single bike in sight. Sheldon (my husband) wondered out loud why they had all gone home when it was still fairly early in the evening. Knowing school started the following Monday for a lot of districts I replied "They probably had to go home to get ready for the first day of school."


Silence.



Sheldon: "I really hated this Sunday night growing up".



LG: "Really?? I loved the first day of school!!!"



That's the truth. I loved, loved, loved the first day of school...more accurately I suppose, preparing for the first day. New Clothes. New Supplies...notebooks, paper, pencils, pens, markers, map pencils, and more! Finding out what your new teacher was like, who was in the same class, who had your same lunch period...these were all things I looked forward to. I still love to wander up and down the aisles when stores put out their back to school merchandise. Which brings me to this question, HH and I LOVED back to school, did you?



In true HH Design House fashion we have much available for this occasion:
Stampers & Labels

Enclosure Cards

Water proof labels for sippy cups

Family stationery for notes to the teacher

Teacher notepads for notes to the parent

Cute napkins to spice up your kiddos lunchbox


Scroll down to enjoy our "back to school supplies"!


























Also, with school back in session, don't forget about your child's fall birthday party! HH Design House is here to help with those party invites too!
So, get out your "to-do" list you neglected all summer and send us your projects...consider it your first Homework Assignment of the Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment